Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Dresses

The Red Carpet at the Oscars

I have to start by saying I was rather underwhelmed by the style I saw on the red carpet this evening.
While no one was memorably bad, not many were memorable at all.
It wasn’t’ until later as the presenters began to come on stage that I started to see some full styles I loved. Remember, it’s not just about the dress, it’s also the hair, the use of accessories, and how this all fits the person wearing it.

My vote for best dressed were:
Kate Winslet, she always look old hollywood even in this modern dress
Helen Mirren, so classy and so sexy
Sandra Bullock, she was dressed to win
Kristen Stewart, I want this midnight blue Mermaid dress
Elizabeth Banks, Cool slate grey was classic and unique
Jenna Hurt, classic

(and lets not forget Robert Downey Jr. in his turquoise bow tie!)

I think that there is no doubt that Sandra Bullock was the shining star tonight. From the Golden gown to the golden award she won for best actress in a leading role. She looked as elegant and poised as her acceptance speech.
Congratulations Sandra!

No comments:

Post a Comment